Touring Canopy builds for Wandering Aust by Lucas Schubring and Sarah Wilson.
At Camp King Industries, we pride ourselves on building dream touring canopies, trays and rooftop tents. All of our products are made from scratch in Brisbane and are 100% certified Australian Made.
We understand camping, and we know quality. We have built a reputation throughout the worldwide 4×4 and Overlanding industry for providing some of the highest quality gear on the market!
Not only do we make some of the best gear on the market, but we are also endorsed by some of the most renowned 4×4 enthusiasts worldwide!
We pride ourselves on producing luxury products for those of you who like to spoil yourselves whilst out on the road.
The “Wandering Aust” build
Dayne and Cody are full-time travellers, and they need a set-up that’s lightweight, practical and can be fitted out in a way that suits their touring lifestyle. They need options, and they need flexibility with space in their canopy. A massive thing for them is storage, fridge space, comfortable sleeping quarters, and of course, some luxury in their home away from home!
Lucas, Sarah, and their Team came up with the perfect combination to tick all the boxes for their complete touring package.
- A lightweight two-door canopy made from aluminium
- 50 x 50 x 3mm fully TIG welded frame, with frames floor includes
- High-quality dust and waterproof seals
- Double seamed roof to prevent any weld tear out when exposed to constant vibration of outback roads
- Camp King custom made hinges.
- Internal fridge space for an x-large fridge/freezer unit.
- Camp King modular removable storage system can be moved and positioned to suit storage requirements
- Camp King modular removable draw set for great storage.
- Space to add a 12-volt electrical system to suit your needs
- Lightweight aluminium with mild steel centres
- 2 x large side storage boxes
- 1 x large rear pull out storage drawer
- High quality LED lights
- The original Australian Made hard-shelled rooftop tent
- Tried and tested across five continents worldwide, with unsurpassed quality
- Australian Made Wax Convertors tear stop canvas- the best in the world!
- Tent Access from all three sides
- Massive internal clearance 1.76m
- Huge side windows- 1500mm wide! Plus, a massive front door with a built-in window.
- Fully insulated unit with closed-cell foam
- Solid front awning set up with Australian Made supa peg poles! No flapping or additional poles required
- Four-bolt mount system for quick and easy mounting
- Camp King canvas goods! Australian Made canvas gear bags! Including shoe bags for the rooftop tents, canvas storage bags for recovery gear, or your luggage.
- Camp King spare wheel bag Great for storing wet items or rubbish, our bags are made from PVC can be easily cleaned and washed out!
- Camp King Fire Pit Made from Australian Made Blue Scope Steel. The perfect addition for a chilly winters night camping on the road. Our fire pits come with convenient canvas carry bags
The Camp King Difference!
Camp King prides itself on providing the highest quality products to those looking to tackle their biggest adventures.
The products that we build are Australian designed, tested, and manufactured to ensure that they meet the requirements for the world’s harshest environments. Most importantly, they are designed to provide you can enjoy your adventures.
From Design to Delivery
To know what makes a Camp King product tick, you have to start with what is at its core, the design. As the brainchild of Lucas Schubring, Lucas spends massive amounts of time selecting the suitable material, partner and manufacturing process for each of the products we sell.
Once on paper, Lucas works with a team to ensure each product is engineered to perfection before jumping in and building the first of many prototypes. Each of the prototypes is tested and modified on Lucas and Sarah’s vehicles, making sure that it lives up to their high expectations. If something fails, it is torn down, and the process starts again.
By the time you are lucky enough to get your hands on your Camp King products, it has been carefully crafted by master tradespeople and built to your specifications. With your vehicle and requirements in mind, no doubt that it is anything but the best.
When you purchase a Camp King product, you are not just buying an off-the-shelf design and idea. You are buying something that the founders, Lucas & Sarah, have put their heart and soul into, something that will stand the test of time and keep on standing.
What others say about Camp King
We can say many great things about our products, but we tend to find that it is most effective for others to do the talking for us.
Camp King is endorsed by some of Australia’s and the world’s most well-known overlanders and adventures. Pat Callinan from Pat Callinan’s 4×4 and Jerimiah Proffitt’s from Pro Cruiser (USA) are just 2 of our numerous supporters.
On top of that, our products have been displayed on builds that have won numerous awards at SEMA (the most famous automotive show in the world).
“It was an absolute pleasure working with Camp King Industries with my Ultimate Amarok and Amarok Crew Car. They made an incredibly complex project easy and came up with several brilliant and innovative ideas along the way.
The quality of the Camp King product and team, led by Sarah and Lucas, is outstanding. They are experts in their field and make superb quality, long-lasting products. As campers and four
-wheel drivers themselves, understand what their customers need, and they deliver it. And on top of that, their trays, rooftop tents and canopies look damn awesome too! They are beautifully finished, and it’s all done right here in Australia. I can recommend Camp King Industries if you’re after a quality rooftop tent, tray, tub-topper or full custom canopy like me.”
Pat Callinan- Mr 4X4
“ We were so lucky to get some of their tents to Norway two years ago, and we have been testing those under really arctic harsh conditions. Thumbs up with the exclusive products from design, details, functionality… perfection. It is probably the best tent in my eyes worldwide in the aluminium type”’
Carl Ronny Olsen – Arctic Exploration Overland
“Nearly 12 months in the making, I couldn’t be happier with my custom canopy from Camp King Industries.
Being a photographer who spends a lot of time in our great outback and remote regions, I needed a canopy of the highest quality that not only suited my very specific requirements but was also fully sealed to keep the bulldust and water out.
There were many design changes and alterations during the process, all of which were never an issue for Lucas. My changes were always met with a smile, and I never felt like anything was too much trouble. That’s what customer service is all about.
The result: A canopy that perfectly suits my needs, built to the highest of quality that I am proud to have on the back of my ute…If you want a canopy that will surpass all of your expectations, see the team at Camp King industries.
You will not be disappointed.’’
Matt Williams- Renowned Australian Outback photographer
To find out more about Dayne and Cody’s build or to enquire about your own dream touring canopy build.
Contact the Camp King Team today!
P | 07 3803 0878